- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Hawkeye Orange Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Hawkeye Seasoning Orange chicken seasoning
- Zest of 1 orange
- Sliced green onions
- Sesame seeds
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornstarch, flour, 1 Tsp Orange Chicken Seasoning. Toss the chicken pieces in the mixture until well coated.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, minced garlic, grated ginger, and Hawkeye Seasoning Orange chicken seasoning. Stir well to combine and bring the mixture to a simmer.
4. Allow the sauce to simmer for about 2-3 minutes until it thickens slightly. Return the cooked chicken to the skillet and toss to coat it evenly with the sauce.
5. Continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is fully coated and heated through.
6. Remove the skillet from heat. Garnish with orange zest, sliced green onions, and sesame seeds.
7. Serve the Orange Chicken over steamed rice or noodles. Enjoy!
Note: Adjust the amount of seasoning and other ingredients according to your taste preferences.